When creating an online course site from scratch, use TLT Canvas Templates to get your course site up and running efficiently. These templates can be used as a framework for how to structure your course and what elements to include.
If your course is taught primarily face to face, and plan to use Canvas primarily for sharing resources to supplement in-person instruction, we recommend using the "Resource Sharing in Canvas for F2F Courses" template.
If your course is taught primarily online or hybrid, we recommend using the "TLT Course Template", which includes a more detailed, week-by-week module structure alongside additional student support resources.
Note: You will need an empty course site or a Sandbox to import the template content.
- Step 1: Log into Rutgers Canvas
- Step 2: Select Commons in the Red Global Navigation bar
- Step 3: Type "TLT" in the search field
- Step 4: Choose either "TLT Course Template" or "Template: Resource Sharing in Canvas for F2F Courses"
- Step 5: Import the selected template into your selected course site
- Step 6: Add your own content to course site
- Optional: Complete Feedback Form to help us improve the template